When in Florida to find pick your own Citrus farms and orchards and canning & freezing instructions!
This month's notes: January 2015: Harvested local apples are still available at farmers and farmer's markets! And of course, you can cut your own Christmas tree, get one already cut or get a libing one to plant after Christmas - see this page. Make your own homemade ice cream including low fat, low sugar and other flavors)) Have fun, eat healthier and better tasting, and save money by picking your own locally grown fruit and vegetables, and then using our easy canning and freezing directions
Subscribe to our: Email alerts; Follow us on Twitter Add this page to your favorites! - Email this page to a friend, or to yourself
This page provides a detailed list of Florida's pick- your- own (PYO, U-pick, pick-it-yourself) farms for everything from apples, berries, fruit, pumpkins, vegetables to cut-you-own Christmas trees! I'm always looking for suggestions of more farms and events to add and feedback about any you have visited, so if you encounter any, just click on the preceding link, as appropriate! And if you have a farm and want to add it or correct the information, please click on the link to "add my farm".
Click on the links below for your area, or scroll down the page for a clickable map!
Florida Citrus Harvest Calendar
For more information about citrus, look here:
- Australian Citrus Growers-Varieties
- Catálogo Cítricos, AMC, Spain
- Citrus Availability, Expofrut, Argentina
- Citrus of the world, A citrus directory, INRA-CIRAD.
- Citrus variety factsheets: Australian Citrus Growers
- Florida Citrus Harvesting Season, Citrus Summary 1999/2000, Florida Agricultural Statistical Service
- Florida Citrus Varieties, Florida Department of Citrus.
- Florida Citrus Varieties, University of Florida, Extension IFAS.
- Gayndah Packers Co-Op, Harvest Calendar
- Seasonal Chart, Florida Department of Citrus
- Sunkist Varietal Chart
- UC Riverside Citrus Variety Collection, California
Florida Citrus Festival
- Late January every year. (Jan 26 in 2006)
Winter Haven, FL (Central Florida). This long time festival was started back in 1924. They have with beauty pageants, karaoke, grapefruit packing competition and parade.
Florida's fruit and vegetable
Click on your area in this list or click on the map further down this page:
- Main Florida PYO farm page
- Crop availability / harvest schedule - click here
- To find pumpkin patches, corn mazes and other Halloween activities, click here.
- To find choose and cut-your-own Christmas tree farms, click here.
|Current Weather - Click on a map for forecast, or enter a zip code for a different location.|
Festivals and Events
[General picking tips and a guide to each fruit and vegetable] [How much do I need to pick? (Yields - how much raw makes how much cooked or frozen)] [Selecting the right varieties to pick] [All about apple varieties - which to pick and why!] [Picking tips for Vegetables] [ Strawberry picking tips] [ Blueberries picking tips]
Illustrated Canning, Freezing, Jam Instructions and Recipes
[ All About Home Canning, Freezing and Making Jams, Pickles, Sauces, etc. ] [FAQs - Answers to common questions and problems] [Recommended books about home canning, jam making, drying and preserving!] [Free canning publications to download and print]