This month's notes: May 2013: The cool weather has delayed blooms and slowed growth by a couple of weeks, but don't miss strawberries: they started in most Southern areas in late April, and in late May up north. Click here for strawberry facts and picking tips, and this page for easy strawberry jam making directions. Blueberries will come in June in most areas. Of course, Florida, southern Texas, and other very warm areas are already picking both crops! See this page for hundreds of easy canning and freezing instructions/recipes, canning equipment guide! Also make your own ice cream - see How to make ice cream and ice cream making equipment and manuals. Then see each state's crop availability calendar for more specific dates of upcoming crops. Organic farms are identified in green! See our guide to local fruit and vegetable festivals!. Please tell the farms you found them here - and ask them to update their information!!
Find Replacment Parts for Canning Equipment, Mills, Grinders, Blenders, Juicers, Etc.
Ordering Replacement Parts for Canning Equipment, Canners, Grinders, Gaskets, etc.
If you have canners, grinders or other canning equipment that has a missing or broken part, this page will help you find it.
If you are looking for manuals for pressure canner, click here for free downloads of many pressure canner's instruction manuals!
If you are looking ofr other brands replacement parts, please write me and I will try to help!
For other supplies:
- Books on canning, freezing, drying, preserving and jam making
- Pectin for making jams, jellies and preserves
- Strainers, pit removers, seed-skin-stem removers, jelly strainers, etc. All types, makes and prices (from $19 to $350)
- Vacuum Foodsealers for freezing, dried foods, and refrigerated foods - the FoodSaver line
- Food dehydrators - easy and fast to dry your own fruits, veggies, sun-dried tomatoes, etc.
- Canning accessories: jar tongs, jar lifters, lid lifters, funnels, racks, etc.
- Steam Juicers
- Canning Lids and Rings,
- Canning jars,
- Canning mixes, pectin, etc.
- Pickling supplies, equipment, crocks and additives
- Home Canning Miscellaneous Parts and Supplies - jar lifters, funnels, jar tongs, replacement parts for canners, canning racks, strawberry hullers, cherry pitters and more? Great prices, wide selection, fast delivery, reliable service
- And just for fun, the history of the canning jar
You can read a discussion about why foods should be processed in a canner on this page" "Why do I need a canner?"
For more information, and NO obligation to buy, just click on the links in the Amazon boxes on the left!
Illustrated Canning, Freezing, Jam Instructions and Recipes
[ All About Home Canning, Freezing and Making Jams, Pickles, Sauces, etc. ] [FAQs - Answers to common questions and problems] [Recommended books about home canning, jam making, drying and preserving!] [Free canning publications to download and print]